Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I work as a LMO, customer filed 10 years ago, now theres a

Customer Question

I work as a LMO, customer filed for BK 10 years ago,
now theres a lien on title that show:
-Commercial lease due (was part of the bankruptcy discharged 5 years ago
-Loan from a hard money lender 20 years ago the lender was 90 back then.How to proceed to clear this from the title?
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The first step is you notify the parties who placed the lien and inform them of the bankruptcy and that their lien is no longer valid and ask them to provide you a release of lien form or you will have to file legal action to remove their invalid liens and seek damages including court costs and attorney's fees for having to do so.
If the lienholders refuse to issue the release of liens, then you have to file suit to remove the invalid liens from the title and as part of the suit you would ask the court for damages in the form of costs and attorney's fees for having to take the matter to court to remove the invalid liens.