How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: FL Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 38871
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your FL Real Estate Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine from NJ works realty company (based

Customer Question

A friend of mine from NJ works for a realty company (based in Nebraska) that is involved in buying tax certificates on properties that are delinquent on their property taxes. My friend asked me to "drive some properties" located down here in Lee and Collier Counties (Florida). "Driving properties" involves taking a look at the property as well as the surrounding neighborhood, providing some commentary taking pictures, etc. - I'll be by myself but doing this on the behalf of another.I'm in the process of obtaining my real estate license (sales associate) and I may be licensed at the time I'm doing this service. My questions is: Is this considered real estate services which then would require me to register with a broker before "operating as a real estate licensee".A training lesson prompted me to ask this question. I learned that an unlicensed assistant isn't even allowed to drive a potential buyer to a property. I'm not physically driving anyone to the property but I am gathering property data on their behalf.
Just don't want to get into trouble "right out of the gate" so to speak. Thank you!
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. No it should not be a problem but you may want a contract here or letter of employment to state that you are providing pictures and information only and not providing any sales, customers, or leads until such time as you are licensed and attached to a broker. Florid would not require a license for what you are doing, a letter or contract here would offer you protection if a complaint was made.But here there is no selling and no clients, I do not see aproblem with what you are doing.It would not fall under sales here in Florida.
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
You want to confirm that this is not related to sales or brokering of real estate and purely work related to the gathering of information of properties in the state. No realtor client relationship is formed or anticipated here in Florida. Something like this as a letter--have employer sign and confirm..

Related FL Real Estate Questions