legalgems
legalgems, Attorney
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I live in a 55+ mobile home park here is my problem I have

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I live in a 55+ mobile home park here is my problem I have 25 year old son who has just informed me that he will be coming here to live with me and yes he knows he cannot stay with me for a long period of time however my spouse wants him to move in with us permanently Please give me some advice
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lakeland Florida
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Thank you; according to the Housing for Older Persons Act, a community may be designated as a 55+ so long as at least 80% of the homes are occupied by one person over the age of 55.

The community is free to make additional restrictions, as contained in the CC&Rs. Those would need to be reviewed. If they do not permit people under age 55, then the individual homeowner would be given notice to comply with the restriction or move.

Age restrictions are allowed under the familial restrictions in the Fair Housing Act which is how 55+ communities can operate.

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly
-Rate Positively-
This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!