Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Real Estate Law
19127644

Can a judgement lien holder foreclose and take possession of

Customer Question

Can a judgement lien holder foreclose and take possession of a property with a first lien in place in the state of Texas?
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. My name is***** am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

To answer your question concisely, yes. A judgment lien holder can foreclose and take possession of a property subject to the senior interest lien. If the senior interest lien then forecloses, it will extinguish the junior lien interest.

The only time that this cannot happen is if the property is your homestead.