FLRealEstateAnswer
FLRealEstateAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience handling landlord/tenant issues, mortgage foreclosures, eviction, purchase and sale agreements
9540344

When a buyer[A] planning to buy a house, does inspection of

Customer Question

When a buyer[A] planning to buy a house, does inspection of a house without seller[B] disclosure about property condition and finds out repairs needed, and later on when "future buyer"[Y] asks for same disclosure, can A sell the house with no seller disclosure?
Or Is it must that he has to disclose?
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  FLRealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. The seller would need to disclose it, since it would then be known. Ideally, once it was discovered by the buyer, they would be able to work out a way to proceed with the sale and either have the repairs made or the cost of the home reduced, to reflect what it would cost to make them. The second buyer, should make sure there is a signed disclosure by the seller, in the event that it is discovered that they did know and refused to disclose it, which could open them up to being sued for damages.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Florida, What is the timeline under which a buyer can sue a seller for not disclosing any items that may pop up later?

Thank you for the reply and I will be happy to respond. When we are done, please just remember to rate my help at the top. The time would typically start running from when the issue was discovered and known or should have been known. As such, the seller could not necessarily benefit from there wrong doing, whereby they fail to disclose and hope that X amount of time passes, so they are in the clear.

Hi, are you still with me?