FLRealEstateAnswer
FLRealEstateAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience handling landlord/tenant issues, mortgage foreclosures, eviction, purchase and sale agreements
9540344

Web site in which you have confidence in ratings Estate

Customer Question

Web site in which you have confidence in ratings for Real Estate agents to list property in Jacksonville FL.
I want a web site that can provide reliable ratings on Real Estate agents that I may contract with re: the listing and sale of my home in south Jacksonvile, FL
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  FLRealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Would you mind sharing with me what you would like to find out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

each sale, sale price, zip code of sale, for the last 3 years, brokerage and Client feedback

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am looking for someone who has experience selling homes between 175 k and 250 k in the 32258 zip code.

Jerry, thank you for the additional information. That information is going to be hard to find from a general website and for a rating of said realtors, I would be skeptical as to the reviews, since it could be easily influenced with the help of family, friends and third parties. You 100% want a Realtor who knows and essentially specializes in your area/county and know the market. A realtor who you select, can pull comparable sales within the last 3 months, to see what the current market value of your home is AND you can ask them to show you the public records of sales which they have handled first hand, within that time period as well, to show they are capable of selling your home. You want to treat this like an interview, with you hiring the employee who you feel is best suited to sell your home, based upon their experience and results. 3 years is a very long look back period, so those number would not necessarily give you a good idea of the realtors ability today, since market conditions vary over time. Moreover, even if a Realtor has done something in the past, it does not necessarily mean they can and will produce the same results. You want someone who is a known name in the area and can market your home accordingly. Many realtors control a lot of the common websites people use when looking for homes, so you want to ask if they have any control of those as well, so your home would pop up at the top of the list, instead of being on page 10, when people are looking. You can also call the State of Florida to see if the realtor has had any complaints or any discipline imposed over the years.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

I know the info in your last response. I am looking for a source to id candidates.

I am not local so a website or similar is needed.

Here is your best and likely safest bet, to find realtors in Jacksonville, who you can start contacting and interviewing, to represent you.

http://www.realtor.org/intlocal.nsf/1fce70952b514c9a8625670f00717398/6f0c4364d7573cb1862576c1007b33f8?OpenDocument

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is of no value. One must have a log in get value from this website.

Do you want to bow out of this question?

Did you call the number on the site and speak with someone for an agent or list of agents who can represent you? I have no problem opting out but want to make sure you contacted them and the fee is to be a member of the organization as a realtor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want a web site that can provide reliable ratings on Real Estate agents

Jerry, not problem. Allow me to opt out and another expert can help.