Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

We have a Lifefitness Life Cycle C9i - just took it out of

Customer Question

We have a Lifefitness Life Cycle C9i - just took it out of storage - touch controls dead. Probably needs new battery. What type battery, where is it, and how do we replace? Thanks!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: All we have is Lifefitness C9i — 10+ years old. We have serial # but no other model #
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been in storage for 3 'years. Likely dead battery. Where kind is it? How can we change it?
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it. Thanks.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Please see this link:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1NOzHVaVwS.pdf

If you still need more help, or where to get a new battery just let me know.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

If you see nothing then you need to buy a star bit or torque bit. I believe it's a t 25 but I'm not 100% on that.

Take out all the screws on both sides. You should be able to pull apart the plastics enough to see the Battery and change it out

You will need a flat head screwdriver to remove the 2 screws holding the Batter

Then unplug the wires

Re install in the reverse order ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Michael, you write 'take out screws on both sides' - Bothe sides of what? Console? Cowling? Where is the battery located? Thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi, were you able to visit the site I sent?

Models C7i Only Remove the BATTERY DOOR located on the back of the DISPLAY CONSOLE (#4). Locate the supplied 9-VOLT BATTERY (#10) and connect it to the battery lead. Place the BATTERY into the DISPLAY CONSOLE and replace the BATTERY DOOR.

Tech Michael ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Please remember to rate kindly at this time so we can remain together until we have this all done and working as it should in case something else is wrong. No extra cost to rate kind ;-)

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have a C9i. I did see link to manual showing schematics. Refers to battery in console for C7i only... So still don't know whether C9i has battery and if so whether it is in console or down under cowling.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi, This link s for all of these bikes, it shoudl cover yours as well.

Tech Michael

https://www.sportsmith.net/images/product_support%5Clifefitness%5CBikes%5C95C%5CLC95C_95Ci%20Bike%20Manuals%5COperation%5Cm05100k63a064%2095ci%20UR%20Bike%20Operation%20Manual.pdf

Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you still need additional assistance with this;-)