J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a Precor 9.35i and it continues to shut down when I

Customer Question

Hello! I have a Precor 9.35i and it continues to shut down when I do intervals. I can walk on it just fine. I am reading the other posts and have a technician coming to look at it today. I want to be prepared and knowledgeable so that I don't get work done that is not needed. Any suggestions on what this could be?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Precor 9.35i...2007 I believe.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This started about a year ago and I haven't tried anything since I am not very mechanical.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope that is all I am requesting. Thank you
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 13 days ago.
Hi Peel up the edge of the belt and slide your hand under between the belt and deck
Expert:  J.T. replied 13 days ago.
If your hand comes out clean that's not too bad. If its got Black dust on it you may be looking at a new machine.
Expert:  J.T. replied 13 days ago.
Some machines had a 10 year part Warranty so call Precor and give them your serial number and find out if anything is covered.
Expert:  J.T. replied 13 days ago.
It's located on a sticker by the power switch
Expert:  J.T. replied 13 days ago.
Let me know what you come up with before you let the tech fix anything.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am calling them right now
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I couldn't get through so had to leave a message. There is black dust between the belt and deck. Why is this bad
?
Expert:  J.T. replied 13 days ago.
That means you need new belt, deck, and both rollers. And most likely a Motor control board. Those models had aluminum rollers. The aluminum would brake down and get on belt and deck. Which acts like sandpaper. This causes more friction and heat. The Treadmill is shutting off because it's over heating.