Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sole F63 that speeds up after only a few minutes of

I have a Sole F63 that speeds up after only a few minutes of running, shuts down and displays the following message - Low Speed and L5

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, a little more background info please:

• • has it been in storage for a length of time;
  • • or has been in constant/regular use;
  • • was the issue intermittentl;y / slowly developing over time;
  • • or a sudden / recent;
  • • any recent work, cleaning, re-location done with the SOLE F63 ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I haven't used it recently (for about 6 months) because of this problem but was using it fairly regularly. It was intermittant initially and I could get it to work if I didn't push it too much, e.g. raising the elevation seemed to cause it to speed up and shut down. I did clean the deck awhile ago but that didn't seem to affect it.

Appreciate the additional information.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, it may need to have access to and familiar with a multi-meter.

more importantly, would be be comfortable "working under the hood" ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do DIY stuff fairly frequently but not too good with a multi-meter (which I don't own). Is it possible to pick this up tomorrow? It's getting to be my bedtime. Perhaps we could switch to the phone if that works for you.

Great on the DIY!

Gain access to the motor area. Take clear pictures of the motor controller and the motor itself. Of particular interest would be the motor pulleys and ends. Also of the roller closest to the motor.

Post back thses pictures. Please click HERE.

The motor can be tested with a 12V car battery.

The controller's output voltage can be checked for its presence and consistency as supplied to the motor.

The speed sensor can be checked / adjusted.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Louie:Sorry for the hold up. I've been very busy and just didn't get to the pictures. I will take them tomorrow and send them to you.

Hi again,

Appreciate the post back and an update when able.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Louie:
I'm going to have to drop this for now - just too busy with the Holidays coming. I'll try again when my calendar is clearer.Bill

I understand.

Good luck and thank you for the opportunity to share the information.

Happy Holidays!