J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have an NR2000 and the computer will not power up. I

Customer Question

Hello, I have an NR2000 and the computer will not power up. I pulled off all of the covers and can find no broken wires; the sensor appears to be at the proper gap of 3mm.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Nautilus NR2000...It's 14 years old but was in storage for years and it literally like brand new.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We bought itat an auction. MINT condition...really super nice....would not work since day we purchased it a month ago. It will pedal but computer does not come on. I removed all of the covers and inspected for borken wires or any signs of burn circuits, could find none
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a fee for this service and if so what is it?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the fitness equipment technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK....but I'd like to know how much the total cost will be, at least ballpark
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: well let's do that first. I like most of my surprises at Christmas LOL
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 28 days ago.
Hi does this unit plug into the wall?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I don't know. There's a very small round threaded item that looks like some type of connector in the front, but when I downloaded the exploded drawing for it, it simply called it a "bolt". There are wires going to it but I assumed it was a ground since there's no power supply or wall wart mentioned in the literature. Nothing in the instructions mentions "plugging it in", although it is that there are three wires coming out of this threaded "nut" in the front.
Expert:  J.T. replied 28 days ago.
OK then it has a generator. With the covers off in the back do any led light up when pedalled?
Expert:  J.T. replied 28 days ago.
Honestly being so old you most likely have a paperweight on your hands. The last lower board I priced for one of these was over 1k$
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have determined that in fact it is a power plug so I think we're good I'm ordering one online today