Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have e1 error, machine stops shortly after starting, horizon

Customer Question

have e1 error, machine stops shortly after starting
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: horizon omega II, don't know age
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i hadn't used it all summer and just started it a couple weeks ago and it starts and goes and speeds up then stops.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, error display "E1" would indicate an internal hardware issue or more particularly, the speed sensor is not able to detect (correct) motor speed. It may be as simple as a loose/dislodged speed sensor and/or its connector/wire, dirt/dust/obstruction between the speed sensor and motor pulley or controller failure. Any of these would require that the unit be opened up to effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter