J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.

How are you? I had bought a used bowflex ( it is one of the

Customer Question

Hi How are you? I had bought a used bowflex ( it is one of the older models) It worked great for a few months. When summer hit, it would work for maybe a half hour and then sparks would come of from where the cord met the machine...
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its older for certain....hold on just getting the stats for you
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only for the summer months...of course I thought Air conditioner ...which was on in the background but different outlets...they were both on the same side of the room though
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just the fact that I would make sure the AC was off and unplugged...yet still I would get the sparks, then outage Thanks
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.
You fried your lower control board, I would also replace the wires and receptacle to be on the safe side. You can order them from fitnessrepairparts. Com or Treadmill doctor. Com