J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.

I haven't been on my tread climber in awhile but thought I

Customer Question

I haven't been on my tread climber in awhile but thought I would start. This 5500 has maybe 10 hrs total on it.However, when I plug it in, I've hit reset and pick my workout it goes 3 then 2 then 1 then clicks off. I've tried other work outs it does the same thing
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: we bought it I guess when it came out and y'all were advertising it. It's been here in my living room covered up ever since
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 5500 treadclimber
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

Hi sounds like you need a new motor control board. Very common on these machines to break...

Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

You can order one from or

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But this machine has hardly ever been used, I may have 10 hrs on it and that's stretching it.
Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

Most likely it was a power surge that burnt it out, They are very sensitive. Did you have it plugged into a surge protector?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have had it unplug and the plug stored up on top of the machine
Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

Well sometimes it can happen when electronics sit unused for a long period of time. These are low quality machines with cheap circuit boards in them. I have repaired thousands of them.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great, I guess lesson learned. With shipping to Alaska we have 5000 bucks! Wonderful to hear that it's low quality. Not your fault but just aggravating
Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

wow! thats the most expensive one i have ever heard of...

Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

Is it more than 1 year old?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
5000 bucks invested in this machine is what I meant to sayYes we bought this about 5 years old but I just never used it. It's always been in my living room tucked in a corner and I never plugged it in except when I first got the machine. So it's been taken care of just not used
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thought I would fire it back up and start using it.
Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

Ahh gotcha, well you can see if they still have parts at either of those sites, but being that old parts will be hard to come by

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  J.T. replied 7 days ago.

please rate my answer, thanks!