treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have VR25 that began losing all resistance for only an

Customer Question

I have VR25 that began losing all resistance for only an instance and with a loud metallic "click" (The month after warranty expired . This has progressed to now frequently losing all resistance frequently but without significant noise. Again this is for only and instant with immediate return of resistance. This is not a slipping belt problem... I have removed the side panel and examined the belt tension.
Clues?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How often is this unit used?

Also, is it just the resistance part that gives trouble now?

Thank you

Tech Michael