Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just got a used True treadmill delivered. When I start it,

Customer Question

I just got a used True treadmill delivered. When I start it, it runs for about 5-10 seconds and then stops with an E-1 stall message. I see your answer above, but I wasn't sure if your response was specific to the person disconnecting the control panel, etc. mine was just unloaded off a truck and wheeled into my garage and plugged in. (My treadmill was given to me so there's nobody really to complain to!)
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

E1 is a general error message, unless followed by something more indicative such as

E1:INCLINE

or

E1:MINMUM

or

E1:RANGE

etc.

A general failure message means, that your treadmill has something wrong with it... and that's about it, I'm sorry to say.

Probably being moved affected it. Depending upon how roughly it was moved, it might be this or that wrong with it. The thing to do is to open it and examine it thoroughly in all details, connections, moving parts, etc.

If it runs for a little while though, that means it has enough capability to run at all, which rules out a number of things. The most likely thing to check on a treadmill that runs for a little while is, the calibration of the speed sensor.

Let me know if there is more I can do to help with this, including listings of treadmill repair co.s in your region, etc.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was an E1-STALL message. Does that change your answer at all?

That means the incline was not changing when commanded, or something quite similar.

The first thing to try for an incline error, is to Calibrate the incline. Do you know how to do that on your model?

If not, tell me your model # ("S-drive"? isn't quite specific enough) and I will instruct you.