Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Bremshey Treadline Trail E1 error, I bought used but was

Customer Question

Bremshey Treadline Trail E1 error
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I bought used but was purchased new in 2010 All know is Bremshey Treadline Trail
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Checked the belts, the magnet and all wire seem to be connected. Seems ok for a few min upto about 4 MPH while walking - faster or starting to run brings on the E1 error
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 22 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Very generally the E1 error means that the sensed speed is wrong somehow - probably not sensed at all.

Given that the treadmill runs at low speeds, but errors out at higher speeds, I advise you to check whether the magnet-to-speed-sensor separation is a bit too large. It needs to be set to a lesser separation. The proper separation of the sensor from the magnet is ideally about that of the thickness of a credit card.

It may be that it is at a marginally large separation where it can sense the speed if it is low, but the 'signal' from the magnet is too faint when the speed is larger and the magnet whips by faster.

Let me know how that goes, adjusting the sensor to be closer to the magnet when it passes that is. (That's done by loosening the sensor's clamps, sliding it closer to the magnet when the works have been turned (with power off) so that the magnet is just opposite the speed sensor.)