Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Our matrix t7xe treadmill displayed an error message on

Customer Question

Our matrix t7xe treadmill displayed an error message on startup and (tmz001.exe) and could not move past this screen. Called Matrix, they said software issue. Ordered a 'dongle' from them to reset the treadmill. Plugged in the dongle to the iphone cord, it went into update mode but got stuck at step 2 of 4 (downloading images, 25%). Tried 4 more times, than tried it without the dongle and it wouldn't even go past the initial loading screen anymore. Called matrix, they suggested replacing the console (2000$). I refuse to believe this is the only way, there sure must be a way to get this updates files on the treadmill. Any ideas what to do next?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

Unfortunately, this means you have a bad memory IC in your treadmill.

It means that the console will need to be replaced in order to repair this one.

Its easy to do, no soldering required, just a few plug in wiring clips.

You will need to call them to order a new console,

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Michael, there sure must be a different solution than a 2000$ console for something like this?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry some of the consoles are ridiculously expensive and they dont sell parts for them or supply even schematics for that one;-(

If the console is that pricey, I would personally replace the entire treadmill.

I wish I had better news for you. I really do.

I am only a Technician so I can only report as to the problem and yes they do fail from time to time.

Please rate my service kindly as I am giving you the best possible answer to your question and a positive rating is the ONLY way I am credited for my time and expertise with you today.

Thank you and have a great weekend!
Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm thinking about making an iPod to USB wire to see if I can find files on the treadmill. It still booted into WIN CE but I could not use the touchscreen. After getting the dongle from Matrix I don't even get there anymore but it makes me think I could perhaps boot the treadmill via 'usb' and run diagnostics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi that is a creative idea, if you know where to hook it in.

But, usually when this happens, it means the IC itself has some bad memory locations that used to contain the operation code (firmware).

And when you try to load the original software, what happens is that it will try to write to the bad location(s) and it will simply hang up;-(

I really wish I had a solution other that the one I gave, I know its expensive to replace, I do.

Please remember to rate kindly;-)

Tech Mike

Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

But...heres an idea, if you have surface-mount soldering equipment you could replace the memory IC, then you could load the op code ;-)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The iPod cable must be bootable otherwise the little dongle wouldn't work either. If that memory can be accessed than I should be able to scan for bad sectors? Or just replace the chip?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I dont think you can scan the chip. but if you get me all the #s off of it I will see if a replacement is available;-)

Please rate kindly at this time so I can stick with you as this may take some time.

I wouldn't be able to check that until Monday when the supplier opens.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We haven't actually answered any questions yet, replacing the control board is what matrix already suggested. I'd rather wait with the feedback until we get into alternative ways to fix this Monday :)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I wish I had better news for you, and unfortunately, there are no alternative ways to fix this one.

This one needs a new main control board is all.

I wish you the very best outcome in any case.

Thank you have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael