treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

The LED display on" early model" j660 quit working.What is

Customer Question

The LED display on" early model" j660 quit working.What is the part number and wher ecan I buy a replacement or get an upgrade. Which of the newer displays are compatible with the 660? My email is ***********. Thank youDoug
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Can you clarify what device this is, Doug? There are many devices with that model number.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tunturi model j 660 treadmill. The LED display does not work. It will not ligt up. I need the part number for the. consel upgrade or replacement and where I can order one.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for confirming, I thought this was something else and will need to opt out so another tech can step in to help, someone else will reply back here, you don't need to do anything else.

Thanks

Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have a source for Tunturi parts (rare!) that lists the j660 in two types.

Is yours from before 1996?

Or, what is its serial number, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tunturi j600 treadmill SN000138853.

Thanks for the response and the information.

I am looking up parts info based on that information... thank you for your patience in the meantime.

If the serial number really begins with three 0s ('000') then that is pre-1996 Tunturi, I think.

The console unit is unfortunately not listed as an available part. I'm sorry... if you have the device in-hand or in-house, taking off the console and getting what part # off it that might be found, would be a good idea at this point.

I suggest contacting J&R Repair through this web page:

http://www.fitnesselectronicrepairs.com/index.html

- they advertise repair and refurbish services covering j660 Console and other items for Tunturi.

Let me know if that produces results for you, or if it is adequate information in response to your question.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You haven't answered my questions. This ends our correspondence and my use of your services. DO NOT BILL ME FOR THE BALANCE OF $26. Thank you.

I regret to hear that. I am sure I provided the best answer possible for your rather difficult question.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

*****@******.***

or through means listed on this page (including phone #):

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.