Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My life fitness X9i elliptical trainer is making chirping

Customer Question

my life fitness X9i elliptical trainer is making chirping noise from the alternator area. I have taken out all the plastic shrouds to identify the noise and its the alternator that seems to be making that noise.
Also the console shows resistance as 25 but still doesn't feel very strong at that resistance level. if I reduce the resistance i can feel its going without much effort.
1. does the alternator bearing holding needs to be lubricated.
2. if i remove the alternator, how dfficult to set the tension on the belt. can i just tighten it by moving pivot to the point the belt is tight enough to handle the max resistance.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I can help, I am Tech Michael, I see you requested a call, please accept the offer I send you now, and I wll call you at your convenience;-)

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael