Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I'm having trouble with a stairmaster 4000pt. The display

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having trouble with a stairmaster 4000pt. The display lights up but the buttons are unresponsive. The LED display just has bands of red led lights going horizontally across it, not moving. It looks like the DC plug going into the stairmaster was reversed. Could this be a load resistor or alternator issue?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Hi, I'm having trouble with a stairmaster 4000pt. I'm not sure how old. The display lights up but the buttons are unresponsive. The LED display just has bands of red led lights going horizontally across it, not moving. It looks like the DC plug going into the stairmaster was reversed. Could this be a load resistor or alternator issue?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It was working fine until today. I've tried plugging it in for a while, unplugging it for a while. So far no change.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all the information I have.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that. How old is your Stairmaster 4000pt?

Also will it respond to any button presses at all?

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
None of the buttons work, again the display is lit up and I'm not sure how old the machine is. Several years I would think. It all worked fine until trying to plug it in today. The only thing I can think of is that the DC plug almost went in the wrong way into the machine. The display is lit up with red leds across it but they're not moving.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, that shouldn't cause this problem, but anyway, the main console needs to be replaced in order to fix this one.

Its easy to do and there is no soldering or special skills required;-)

I will assist you at no cost additional as well.

The best place to get that main control console is: https://www.sportsmith.net/productsearch.aspx?dsNav=N:11164

I would call them to order this part so you are sure to get the correct one. Also they will ship it out to you today;-)

Please call: ***-***-****

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael