crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have an old and highly used Stairmaster 4000PT.The power

Customer Question

I have an old and highly used Stairmaster 4000PT.The power button comes on, but it does not light up the console. I am pretty sure the console is bad or out. I will check to see if there is a breaker 1st on the lower panel. If not and I suspect its the console board, what is approx. cost to repair it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is at least 25 years old and a 4000PT model. About worn out too! .
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We started having leds go out on the board as well as the push button, so I orders that strip of buttons and replaced. It worked for about 3 months and went out completely, no console light up. I did check conductivity to panel and it is good.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

The parts to replace the overlay on the console are around $50 and if you had someone else install it, it would be the parts ($50ish) plus their hourly rate which should only take an hour or less.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.