treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

What is the problem with the mechanism or electronics?,

Customer Question

What is the problem with the mechanism or electronics?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Russell, please re-read the customer question I sent in...is the manufacturer still around? Are parts available? Where can I get a knowledgeable serviceman on athletic equipment in the Starkville, Miss. area?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It began stopping about three months ago and I quit using it My ability is limited I didtalkethe cover off the mechanism. That's it. I looked at electricconnections -They seemtobeOK Itinkit is siemthing onthe electronic board- don't know.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't talk now got togo. He can be reading it and thining abut the ans.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

I looked at your question and it appears to be missing some information. I'd love to help you, but it sounds like you may be confused as to whom you are contacting. This is Just Answer, an online support site. I'm not sure who Russell is, nor what equipment you are looking for help with. Based on the fact you said "athletic equipment" my guess is you are wanting help for a treadmill or stationary bike or some other home exercise equipment that stopped working. Is that correct?

Please let me know if one of these options works for you:

1) I can research service options for a repairman in your area if you can provide me with the make/model, etc for the product you need help with.

2) I can try to troubleshoot things with you - you mentioned taking the cover off, we can see if we can go back and forth to fix the issue.

3) If this doesn't sound like what you are looking for, you can contact JA support for a refund of your deposit (I'm a technical expert, I don't have access to the billing, so I can't do that.)

I look forward to your response!

Hi, just wondering if you still wanted help. Thanks!