Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I bought a uses Life Fitness X7 Eliptical Trainer with the

Customer Question

I bought a uses Life Fitness X7 Eliptical Trainer with the famous Error Codes E06/E02. After the transport I reinstalled it at my house and it seem to work fine.
But unfortunately the small display is no longer working - and therefore the error message no longer visible.
Do you have any idea how to fix it? Is the display broken or more likely just the cables completely broken?
Thanks a lot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

So first, you will need to test the cables for continuity to check if they are broken or still working.

Check also that the cables are securely attached and there are no obvious signs of damage.

If the cables check out good then the console display is suspect and will need to be replaced.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Pete. Can the broken cable cause a complete dark display ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have disassembled the left arm and the pictures shows the cable which seem to be damaged. How can I get it out of the Maschine?