Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Ihave an ProForm J8 treadmill 831.297980, that will work,

Customer Question

Ihave an ProForm J8 treadmill###-##-#### that will work, but after I have been on it 15-20 minutes it stops abruptly. Probably a tube inelectronics, & where so I get a kowledgeale repairman in the remote area of Starkville, MS?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Machine has been great giving me years of service but ihave not been able to use it for a coupleofmonths. Stops when Iam walking briskly,not running.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That's above my pay grade. I can mow with anindustrial mowing machine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You know the story. I hate to scrap it- it has been well cared for and if electronics was fixed should keep on going and I need it in working condition. Thankyou.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There are not many firms in your part of Mississippi that will do repair work on a treadmill, not even the well-known brand of ProForm.

There's one in Tupelo, rather to the north of you:

Sears Appliance Repair

1001 Barnes Crossing Rd

Tupelo, MS 38804

(662)(###) ###-####/a>

If they cannot help you, or you would like another choice for any reason, let me know (by Reply To Expert, and I will look for any other that might suit your needs.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.