J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.

I have Nordictrack cx1055 elliptical, model 30508.0. The

Customer Question

I have Nordictrack cx1055 elliptical, model 30508.0. The belt came off. I replaced that. However, the problem I'm having is tightening part #55. It tightens count-clockwise and there is no room for any traditional tool to tighen. The bolt on parts 38 and 39 are welded. How do I tighten?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

I'm going to refer you to the instructional videos, click here. If you still have trouble, call 1.***-***-****.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

I'll be here in case you have any questions. Thank you for your patience, this is a unique question and it took time to research.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I saw the video. Where do I go to see how to fix?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it frame style A, B, or C?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn't see anything that referenced my problem. The closest thing I saw was replacing the drive belt. So my problem has not been fixed yet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I printed the 'exploded drawing B - model No. 30508.0. There it shows what part I'm referring to. The video link you sent me does not address the problem or give a solution. Need some help.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, it looks like you took the entire flywheel off when you changed the belt correct? Thats the issue, that should not come off, you need to remove the main axle again and tighten that large nut down first then put it all back together. The last thing you put on is the drive belt. Put it on the small pulley first then work it over the larger flywheel. Just like when you bicycle chain would fall off as a kid and you would have to pedal it back on the sprocket.