Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Horizon Fitness T101 CT5.3 treadmill. I am

Customer Question

I have a Horizon Fitness T101 CT5.3 treadmill. I am receiving the E1 error. I opened the housing and cleaned out all accumulated dust but the E1 error re-appears after about 20 - 30 minutes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the treadmill runs until the E1 error appears, then some component is heating up and failing under heated-up conditions.

If you were running it with poor ventilation or in hot (above 82 degrees F, roughly) conditions, then that might need remedying for the treadmill to continue working. As it is, cleaning out dust, esp. from vents and grilles any any fan or any vaned metal heat-sink, should help a little.

E1 is a very general error. It can mean any of several things. You may need to turn over repair of this machine to a professional at treadmill repair. If you will provide me with your location (by zip code, or town/city and state) I can direct you to several in your region that can help with this problem.

(If the treadmill is less than a year old, it ought to be repairable free of charge under warranty terms, of course.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.