Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My treadmill console lights up but then nothing...start

Customer Question

My treadmill console lights up but then nothing...start button won't make it start
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Does the rest of the console work properly?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. .everything lites up but when pressed nothing happens
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem with a treadmill that won't start, even though console lights come on when it is powered On, may be owing to a lack of a properly registered or a lack of a properly inserted Safety Key.

The Safety Key in some models in magnetic, in a little disc, and in other models it is a sort of card, that you insert into a slot.

When the Safety Key is inserted, the machine will run.

Have you inserted your Safety Key in the right place? and is it the magnetic type? or the card-in-slot type?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The safety key is inserted but still nothing happens except for the lights come on on the console but when any one is pushed...nothing changes or works

Is the safety key the magnetic type? or the card-in-slot type?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is the card in slot. It is blue plastic with holes

That sounds, unfortunately, more like a defective console, than like defective safety key.

Is there any chance that the slot was damaged, that the safety key fits into ? or that the key (with holes) was damaged or broken somehow ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No...it turns the console on aND off when I take it in and out.....is there a way to test the motor to make sure it is not frozen? Also the test set amp button does not move ...could it br something with that ? Is there a way to test the console to see if it is defective
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I leave in the keys and it is an hour and a half for someone to drive here

I understand the necessities of the situation, I think.

There are ways to test the problem, for sure. Let me look up a manual with procedures for this model.