J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

The resistance motor on my elliptical is working but the

Customer Question

The resistance motor on my elliptical is working but the resistance is still set high. I believe it must be the magnets on the flywheel what can I do to fix it myself?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a nordictrack 1 year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have actually opened it up and changed the resistance motor but is still stiff
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can the magnets be fixed without expert help?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The exact model is a Nordic track elite 12.9
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.

Hi the part you need is called the brake assembly or eddy brake assembly. What happens is the magnets inside the brake have a little cable attached to them and the cable can snap, this in turn lets the magnets go all the way out, causing hard resistance. (its like if you drive around with your ebrake stuck on in your car) You can order a new brake from www.fitnessrepairparts.com or www.treadmilldoctor.com

Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.

http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/part_search/PartNumberSearch/%20Nordic%20track%20elite%2012.9

Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.

It looks like there are 3 models of your machine. You will need your exact model # to order parts. Its located on a sticker on the frame near the floor. You may need to tip the machine on its side, sometimes they are located on the bottom of the frame facing the ground.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What does the eday brake or the assembly brake look like and where is it located on the magets?
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
It just looks like a metal Wheel. The cable from the resistance Motor runs directly into the brake
Expert:  J.T. replied 2 months ago.
If you go to those websites I posted, and find your model number there are exploded Parts diagrams that show all Parts
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
JT good news opened the machine and took a look at it again turns out there is a reset for the magets .did some adjustments and the magnets started to move any and resist again thanks for your help