Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My x5i treadmill has stopped working the screen says

Customer Question

Hello my x5i treadmill has stopped working the screen says information mode and I can't get to go back to normal settings any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Simple enough: when your treadmill has the Stop key held down, and you insert the safety key, then it goes into Information Mode.

To get out of that mode, release the Stop button (or make sure it is not stuck down, by tapping it sharply), then remove the safety key.

If when you next insert the safety key, you are not pressing the Stop button but it still goes into Information Mode, then your console has a problem and may have to be replaced - rather an expensive repair in most models.

(Is your treadmill under warranty still? how old is it? if within warranty, the console replacement or servicing would be free of charge.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.