Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I have a pacemaster pro plus -- I was getting dead sensor

Customer Question

I have a pacemaster pro plus -- I was getting dead sensor messages yesterday, so I ordered a new RPM sensor. Got the treadmill to start again today (haven't changed the sensor yet), and now I'm getting "GONE sensor" message....will it help at all to change the RPM sensor? How problematic is it to repair a "gone" sensor?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry to heart that,

But I would replace the sensor when you get so you dont have the issue again. Its its connector plug is loose, or that it is getting weak which is whats most likley so I would just replace it. I will help you with that. before you remove the old one, take a couple of pics with your phone or camera only because the new one needs to a certain distance form the magnet.

All you need are a few basic hand tools to do this, and the sensor just plugs in no soldering required its easy to change ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But you haven't really answered my question-- I'm wondering if it is the sensor at all? The online info says there may be some issues with circuit boards for the power supply and/or the circuit board when the message says "gone" sensor instead of "dead" sensor....?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I have many years of hands on experience working on treadmills etc.

So yes Im pretty sure that all the issue is. These sensors become weak over time, then they dont send a signal to the console. When that happens, you get the error that it doesn't see the sensor so it wont run.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Sometimes it is the console but almost never with this problem;-)

Tech Michael