treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

I have a Nordictrack asr 1000. I have used it very little. I

Customer Question

I have a Nordictrack asr 1000. I have used it very little. I just noticed last week that when I get on it and start moving the console buttons do not work and its just a blue screen. I took off the console cover and there are no loose wires. Now I noticed when it is plugged in it also makes an inconsistent odd noise that is very slight. I can only compare it to the sound a dot matrix printer makes when it is printing.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If I were there and were working on the problem in-person, this is what I would do:

I would first of all, try to locate the exact source of that strange noise, but also I would put some priority to curing (if possible) the blue screen on the console.

I suspect that, if the two are related, the problem could be a wrong or insufficient voltage in the power supply. That might make a sizzling or rasping noise, that you called 'like a dot-matrix printer'.

(How old is the Nordic Track machine in question, please? let me know what you think, and what you find out, so that I can guide you further on this problem. Use the Reply To Expert function to reply to me.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I bought the machine 7 years ago however I have used it very little

Thanks for the response and the information.

OK. So it is out of warranty.

Will you have any problem getting the covers of the machine off, e.g. after turning it over or on its side, and listening to the power supply for that odd dot-matrix noise ? the power supply is the module that is where the power cord goes into the machine, and is most likely to be defective at a guess. (So far, just a guess.)