Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a 4 month old Norditrack commercial 2950

Customer Question

I have a 4 month old Norditrack commercial 2950 unfortunately when I push the arrows on the console to adjust the height of the console MITHING HAPPENS. It seems to be "locked" in the highest setting. Obviously when pushing the up button the message shows it is as high as it can go. How do I get it to come down? It has been this way since day 1.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that, since your Nordic Track machine is evidently defective, and is less than a year old, then you should get it repaired under warranty terms, which from Nordic Track is 1 year from original purchase date.

That sort of problem is not, definitely not, absolutely not, a matter of settings or features. Incline is not supposed to lock at either end of its range.

(Though there is one thing you could try: doing an incline calibration operation. That might doubtfully be needed, or help with, the problem - if it is not simply a matter of a defective machine's linkages in a locked-up status. Would you like instructions on how to try such an incline calibration? if so, let me know through Reply To Expert, and I will advise you.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
IT IS NOT THE INCLINE! It is the console height adjustment. It is. Commercial 2950

Oh! that's different.

Console height is at maximum?

And the console displays look funny and don't respond?

Then you must have pulled a cable from the console to the rest of the machine, loose.

Lower the console height at least 1/2 inch from the maximum. Check all connectors to the console, and also the other end of those cables. Check also, whether cable damage has occurred - all this, with power Off and unplugged, of course.

Let me know what you find, and if you need help with any detail, or if this advice helps cure the problems, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is exactly the problem. The console height adjuster will not respond. I cannot lower it at all.

Then you will have to take the machine apart a bit, at the console region of it, with the power Off and unplugged from the power, and manually persuade the console to be less high a bit, and then check the cables to the console at both ends, for being unplugged, and possible stress damage.

If damaged, the cable(s) will have to be replaced, not just re-seated into their connectors.

(If you find this challenging, or would rather have a repair pro do this for your machine in person, let me know, please.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like a repair pro. Any idea on the cost to do this type of repair?

The repair pro's own quote on the servicing charge would be the ultimate authority.

And the price would depend on how remote the location, and also whether a cable was damaged and has to be replaced, or not.

I will need your local zip code, please in order to refer you to a choice of servicing pros / companies in your region, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry. 78015
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any guesstimate in cost?

Nothing to be sorry about, that I can see, thanks.

Let me look up that zip code, and what is available in that region, first. (If you were in Wyoming's wildernesses, for instance, it would cost a lot more than e.g. in Cleveland's suburbs. So I have to check first... wait about 10 or 15 minutes please, before expecting another posting to this case... thanks for your patience...)

Here are listing to contact, and to ask for repair quotes, after explaining your model of Nordic Track, that the console is stuck at maximum elevation (NOT the incline, which is a 'usual' problem), that the cables may have been pulled loose since the console is not responding etc....:

Buckman Services (which does Nordic Track, but: it may require a bit of travel time and expense, since they are not in San Antonio itself, but Austin TX...) at 1-***-***-****, may be inquired about - be sure to insist on an estimate! of course.

The Fitness Contractors (based in Houston, servicing the San Antonio area too)

Phone:(###) ###-####br />

AB Fitness Equipment Service
Provide Services in: Corpus Chrisit, Austin, San Antonio, Laredo, Del Rio, & Kerville
Based in: San Antonio, TX
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***

Elite Fitness Service
Provide Services in: San Antonio TX, Corpus Christi TX
Based in: Cibolo, TX

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)