My name is***** will try my best to help you with your Precor question.
Error code 50 indicates "Too Much Brake (Magnet) Current";
This error is associated with eddy current EFX’s.
The resistance (brake) control system constantly monitors the amount of current being demanded by the eddy current magnet. Error 50 indicates that amount of current being demanded by the eddy current magnet is excessive.
Possible Causes are:
1. The most common cause of this error is shorted or damaged wiring between the lower PCA and the eddy current magnet.
2. The eddy current magnet is bad
3. The lower PCA is bad.
Possible Remedies are:
1. Carefully check the eddy current wiring and connections, ensure that the wires are not shorted together or shorted to the EFX frame. Repair or replace the damaged wiring as appropriate.
2. Remove the wires from the eddy current magnet. With an ohmmeter, measure across the eddy current magnets terminals. The ohmmeter should read approximately 100 ohms. If the reading is significantly low, replace the eddy current magnet. Measure between each eddy current magnet terminal and frame ground. Both readings should be infinite (open). If either reading is significantly low, replace the eddy current magnet.
3. If both the eddy current magnet wiring and the eddy current magnet are good (as tested above), replace the lower PCA.
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.