Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

Is there a picture or diagram showing what the proform 540s

Customer Question

Is there a picture or diagram showing what the proform 540s treadmill incline motor is supposed to look like when installed?
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: I folded it up (space saver mode) without first lowering the incline and now it won't work. The incline motor just keeps turning. Proform 540S
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Recalibration. We have the hood off and see the incline motor rod is separated from the motor
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm not sure what he would need to know.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We reversed the black and red wires to try to get it to decline but it bound up. We put the wires back and it went back to making a thunking noise after each rotation of the gear.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I attached two photos showing that the notched rod is separate from the incline motor gear. We're not sure how it should connect.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi there!

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your Proform 540s question.

Here are the detailed diagrams you requested:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I actually already have the exploded diagrams. I can't tell from them how the round gear piece on the incline motor is supposed to attach to the notched metal straight piece. As you can see from the photos I attached, ours is currently detached. So even though the motor tries to calibrate, it can't. It just turns and turns because it is not properly attached. It seems like the straight piece should fit flush under the metal lip of the motor and against the round gear piece, but there is currently no way for the two to meet up like that since the motor cannot drop down into the housing. It hits the plastic edge of the housing. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Yes that makes sense.

I don't have any other diagrams available - I'll check if the other techs have any more detailed diagrams.