J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

Nordictrack c1750 pro...starts downloading new "application"

Customer Question

nordictrack c1750 pro...starts downloading new "application" and then fails. First time it started to download got halfway through (green status bar indication) and then stopped. I shot it off and back on and now it says it is downloading but it says download failed after a few minutes. Also, the internet connection is strong but during the downloading process it always disconnects a minute or two in the download and then reconnects. Is there any way to default back to the last known configuration or some how return it to a factory default? the thing is a huge paperweight at the moment. thank you
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 months ago.
Hi is this a new unit?
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 months ago.
Hopefully it is because you need a new console. They had a ton of problems with them right out of the box. As long as it's under a year old it's covered under full Warranty.
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 months ago.
They have to send a tech out with a new console to replace it. Just make sure everything is 100% working before the tech leaves
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not a new unit. it is 3 yrs old. it was working fine until it tried to download an update. I did find a way to get it to work. There is a "Manual" button below the touch screen and that takes you to a track mode where I can use the speed and incline buttons. It is the iFit app I believe that is messing things up. the manual says there is a "Restore Defaults" button somewhere but I couldn't find it on my model.
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 months ago.
Hmmm I have heard that they have a thumb drive you can use but it depends on your serial number. Try calling Nordic track directly and have them run your serial number. It's located on a small sticker about the size of a Credit card. It will be down near the floor on the frame
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it does have a USB port on the top right in the back of the console. Calling NordicTrack will be an adventure I assume. So, your not sure about any menu options that will allow me to reset to factory defaults?
Expert:  J.T. replied 4 months ago.
No I have not heard of that when your stuck in the loop that your in. You can get into the menu when you can get the screen to actually fire up