Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

Sole E25 Elliptical jumps track. Two months, clean and

Customer Question

Sole E25 Elliptical jumps track.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Two months
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: clean and relube rails. Replaced bushings.
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I lost connection while making payment and resetting my password. Any questions?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

Welcome to JustAnswer!

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your Sole E25 question today.

When the elliptical machine jumps track, it can sometimes be due to either excessive speed or the wheels/track being dry and needing lubrication.

However if it seems it is getting wobbly or loose, then some of the bolts may need tightening.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer is helpful so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your response, but I was looking for something more specific. I have cleaned and lubed the rails and aligned with no effect. I do not exceed 3 mph. I typically stay between 2.5 and 3 mph. Per the Sole T/S website, the pedal should be moved to the rear and the bolts tightened. I do this taking care that both wheels are in contact with the track. This does not hold at all. Just rotating it with not weight for a few cycles returns it to its misaligned condition.That is, with the pedal all the way to the rear, the inside wheel is not in contact with the track. As you move the pedal to the mid position, the inside and outside wheel are in good contact with the track. When the pedal is at the full forward position, the inside wheel is again slightly above the track. It would make more sense if the alignment would shift from inside to outside wheel over the travel, but this is not what happens. The connection to the flywheel (actually cross bar) is at 90 degrees when the pedal is at the rear and 270 when all the way forward. The mid position is at 0 or 180.It always jumps the track when the pedal is moving forward and I think near the mid position. Of course this is when some of my weight is shifted to the other pedal and is when I have the lightest pressure on the pedal that jumps. It is almost always the left pedal that jumps. I do not use the arm handles, typically.Note that I have replaced the bushings with no effect.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

If cleaning, lubricating and tightening has not helped, then part of the assembly may actually have been bent out of shape.