Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a proform Tour de France (pfex01311). Strange issue.

Customer Question

I have a proform Tour de France (pfex01311). Strange issue. Everything starts out fine then shortly into the workout changing gears or elevation lags behind. To the point that I thought it had stopped responding then all of a sudden the changes started catching up. if I turn the bike of and back on again I'm fine for a few minutes then he same thing occurs.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

In this case your motor driver board is failing. this will get worse unfortunately.

But it is easy to replace and no soldering is required, it just plugs in;-)

The best place to get a replacement is : http://www.treadmillparts.com/

I would call to order the motor driver board so you are sure to get the correct one;-)

Also they usually ship the same day you call.

I will help you with the replacement.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

l

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2 questions:
1- you referenced a motor driver board... This is a spinning bike.. Does my bike have this part? Also The name of the place you sent me infers treadmill parts.
2- do you have a part number? The closest thing I see on that site is motor control board but I see nothing for my model... Or any bikes.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Good morning, My apologies, this is the second time this has happened the site was slow in response to a question I was working on. So accidentally you received the wrong answer, I really do apologize for that. But you bike is in need of a new main control panel(console). Once again, still no soldering needed, it just plugs in to the bike ;-)

The console is failing and therefore can not keep up any longer.

You can get that from Treadmill Doc as well ;-)

Once again my sincere apologies for that issue, it has happened once before, it seems to happen when the site is super busy and yesterday was one of those days lol.

Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday!

Please rate kindly.

Tech Michael