Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I'm trying to fix my nordictrack, few months it won't turn

Customer Question

I'm trying to fix my nordictrack
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: few months it won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: nordictrack x7i incliner
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked the breaker and power outlet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: and i looked at the controller
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
am i getting any help here
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Given that you have already checked the breaker and the power cord and outlet too... I would think that either

A. your treadmill's power board has blown something out.

or

B. your treadmill has a shorted component in it, and that is keeping the power supply from starting up.

There is a way to troubleshoot this problem and find where the problem is more surely, but it will involve disassembly (and some testing, and eventually reassembly of course...) of the treadmill. Would you like instructions on doing that, or would you rather have a recommendation to a repairer of this brand in your region? if the latter, please tell me your zip code. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to trouble shoot

Do you have a voltmeter? that may be needed.

Do you have a tool set adequate e.g. screwdrivers at least, for disassembly of the outer case etc. of the treadmill?

Are you capable of being cautious around an electric device, that is, to disassemble interior parts or work with them or put tools into them, only when the power cord is unplugged from the power outlet?