Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a proform 4.0 RT. After using it year it started

Customer Question

I have a proform 4.0 RT. After using it for a year it started slipping. So I took it apart. tightened up the belt until I was afraid it would pop. No luck. Then I noticed it had 8 rib pulley and a 6 rib belt, so I replaced the belt with an 8 rib. No dice. Then I took the small pulley to a friend, had him tape up the bearing and glass bead it. Then I cleaned it with brake cleaner to make sure it had no grease or residue on it. It worked for one session. I'm out of ideas unless the belt has to be tightened to a certain tension and I over tightened it and stretched it. Is there a tool to measure the belt tension? What else should I try?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hello Lentz,

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete,
I thought the way this was supposed to work was that you would give your answer and if I thought it was worthwhile, I would pay you. If I get a good solution and it works, I'm happy to pay you as I'm kind of out of ideas. However, I'm a reasonably good mechanic have made several reasonable attempts to fix it and want to make sure I get a good answer before I pay. So up to you. Thanks,