Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a true treadmill that keys were not working.....i

Customer Question

I have a true treadmill that keys were not working.....i removed and and reapplied the safety key and now have a message of "key stuck soft"
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: It says Z9 SOFT system on the side
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turn off and on again.....unplugged and re plugged.....none of the keys work
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Thats all i have
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The console clearly has a problem. Try a prolonged rest-reset with the machine unplugged, overnight at least. During that rest, with power Off, give each touch-key on the console a sharp tap, in case one of them is stuck.

If that doesn't cure the problem, then, how old is your Z9 Soft Treadmill ?

The console might have to be replaced. Or, if the treadmill has ever been moved, it may need to have the data cable(s) to the console re-seated, too. They might perhaps have pulled loose either with time or with having been moved.