Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Incline motor running but never moves platform up or down.

Customer Question

Incline motor running , never moves platform up or down. Removed hood covering incline motor. Motor running but doesn't engage rack I don't think properly. It looks like the The incline motor brackets are bent. Is there a fix for this? I'm not certain the incline motor brackets are bent but from the diagram drawings they might be. The motor runs but perhaps the driven gear isn't engaging the bracket enough to move the incline. Gear kinda skips, just barely hitting.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the treadmill. Additionally, please provide clear closeup pictures of the "...looks like the The incline motor brackets are bent..." Click HERE.

Still, agree with the incline motor running, then it would most likely be an issue with the gear not engaging/meshing.

...and the possible bent brackets has moved the motor a bit further away.