Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

When I first plug it in it displays everything but when I

Customer Question

When I first plug it in it displays everything but when I press the speed button to start it it displays E3 and doesn't start
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: A week
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I only know how to turn it over look it over seems like everything is connected. Is there a fuse that needs replacing
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

What is the make and model number?

Approximately how old is the machine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can't find model no. There is a purple logo with a 2 on the side
It is the simpler of the two models. It is about 8 years old
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Is this a treadmill or some other type of machine?

Can you see an information panel or plate near where the power connects to the machine?

Normally the E3 code on a treadmill indicates a reed switch (speed detector) error. The reed switch is located on the left side next to the front roller bolted on to the frame. Usually there is either dust blocking it from reading the magnet that is located on the front roller facing the reed switch. Check this area first.

Alternatively, let me know your zip code if you need contact details for a repairer in your area.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?