Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a york treadmill and is now stuck on incline 12 with

Customer Question

I have a york treadmill and is now stuck on incline 12 with error 3
JA: What's the exact make and model of the treadmill?
Customer: Will go and look
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Switch it off and back on but won't go down
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It is a york fitness T203 anniversary. I used it on the preprogrammed p3 session for hillwork when it just went up and up. When i switched it off and on will start the running but as soon as I press the incline button it will stop.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

Error 3 indicates that this is likely caused by a speed sensor problem.

You will need to check the speed sensor for proper alignment, cleanliness and function. it should be located near the front roller or mounted on the motor. It should be within a credit cards width of the magnet or toothed wheel. If properly adjusted check with an a multi-meter to see if it is opening and closing by manually spinning the front roller or motor flywheel. If it isn't replace the sensor.