Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.

My mom has a Vitamaster Pro 1200. When moving it, some of

Customer Question

My mom has a Vitamaster Pro 1200. When moving it, some of the wires became disconnected. We have connected according to the diagram, but it's not working. Any suggestions?
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 4 months ago.

Hi Brandie, my name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question. This might be easier to troubleshoot over the phone, but I am more than happy to work with you here. Can you send me a pic of the diagram you refer to? You can attach the picture to this ticket and I will review it to help you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have attached the first picture, it will only let me attach one
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for this information, I will review this and get back to you.

Hi Brandie!

I looked at all the pictures and I don't see any bad components, wires that look lose or anything hooked up incorrectly based on those pictures. From what I can tell it looks like you did a great job, though it is possible something is loose and can't be seen in the picture.

I have located some troubleshooting information for you:

You can test the power to the motor from the spade connectors on the motor control board. You can also test the motor by doing the following:# ***** a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)# ***** sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not# ***** the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -# ***** the motor turns slightly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replacedIf the unit is dead, look close to the power cord for a breaker. It may even be a part of the on/off switch, make sure this hasn't tripped. If the connections are ok, your outlet is good and the motor tests fine, you will need to replace the motor controller.

More troubleshooting info:

If that information gets you and your mom up and running again (yes, pun intended) that is awesome! In that case, I'd really appreciate it if you would rate my answer. If you still need help, please let me know what you have tried and what the results were and we'll try to keep working out (sorry, I couldn't resist another pun) a solution!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I got the same info. I do not have a black wire from the the motor. It is yellow, red, yellow/green

I believe at this point another expert, may be able to help you. I will release the question to allow other experts who may be able to provide better help. My apologies I wasn't able to provide enough help to get your machine working.

Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Carl and I will be assisting you where your previous Expert left off. I've looked over everything including the Pictures and some things are no adding up. Did that Wiring Diagram come with that model or it it a download from the internet? The Wire Colors are not matching up such as A1 should be black not Red and A2 should be Red.