Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I want to reconnect the blue wire on my landice 8700 sprint

Customer Question

I want to reconnect the blue wire on my landice 8700 sprint but it doesn't seem to have the same diagram as the ones in the manual sereal number is *****
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you looked in this service manual for that model series? admittedly it does not seem to have many diagrams...:

http://www.landice.com/sites/default/files/8700-DiagnosticGuide-AllModels.pdf

Which blue wire is this? or, where does the end that is still attached lead?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did look at the mode diagrams listed in that manual that is why i was trying to get further help. I can take a picture and send it to you if that is allowed. i see it says to add files when i press send so should i do that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had to add in one picture at a time so i am not sure if the pictures i sent showed everything. i tried to take a picture of the whole thing so you can see what is different about my system than the pic in the manual.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the blue wire seems to be disconnected and that is what isn't working. the machine is turning on but not moving. we moved the treadmill and after that this happened so i am hoping i will be able to reconnect the wire.

OK. I am examining those pictures... thank you for posting them.

But in which picture is a blue wire disconnected? I did not see any such.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the blue wire seems to be disconnected and that is what isn't working. the machine is turning on but not moving. we moved the treadmill and after that this happened so i am hoping i will be able to reconnect the wire. in the last picture 8549 you see it hanging in the air. It is coming from L1 near the black and white wires near the two wide cylinders on 8542

The 'wide cylinders' are probably capacitors, esp. if they are blue.

What is L1 ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they are blue. the wire is coming from a spot which is labeled L! i think
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you get my last message?

'L' usually means, on circuit boards, an inductor. These are also known (esp. in automobiles) as 'coils'. They are generally cylindrical and have two leads, and are inductive somewhat in the manner of a transformer winding, only without the opposite winding transformers almost always have, and often without any 'core' material.

Is the L1 connection adjacent to and traceable to an inductor? picture?

For an inductor to have an open end is unlikely. So... you might be on the track of something, *if* we can identify by tracing, the component the blue wire still leads to and is connected to.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will look at the picture that I have and/or take another one if it isn't clear
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am having trouble the pictures are not loading. Picture 8545 shows the lead of the blue wire picture 8547 is wear i thought it might need to attach or in 8549
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still doing research?

I don't have a schematic, and I do not know where to find one.

I cannot identify the blue wire from an authoritative source.

You will have to tell me what L1 is or attached to in the way of a component, please.