Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

True 500EA elliptical on/off switch broke off. Not sure if I

Customer Question

True 500EA elliptical on/off switch broke off. Not sure if I can find replacement part. It looks like it has a lamp for illumination but I haven't looked at it closely enough to see if it can just be jumpered on.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It just broke over the weekend. It was chipped but I think someone stepped on it and it broke off completely.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just need another part of a safe electrical way to have the switch stay on and I can turn it off by unplugging from outlet if needed.
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, that is it. I'm not in front of machine now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

If you remove the broken switch and take it to a local electronics shop or Radio Shack or Sears store, they will be able to give you a matching equivalent switch.

Alternatively, you could just jumper the switch by connecting the wires together, and use the power plug as your main isolation point (although this isn't recommended for safety reasons).

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?