Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Threadmill won't go back down stuck on gh incline. It

Customer Question

threadmill won't go back down stuck on high incline.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It started a couple years ago. Not been using it since.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I once got code and tried it to get it to go down but no luck.
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the treadmill.

Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

The prescribed standard approach with the treadmill unplugged would be to open up the motor compartment to gain access to the internal mechanism Of particular interest would be the incline motor, shafting and associated gear and mechanism. The only easy user doable try would be to manually turn the incline motor so as to move the incline mechanism even just a bit. The idea is to gently jar the mechanism back into position. Thereafter, try again to apply power to the treadmill and attempt to adjust the incline position.