Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My 2 year old sole elliptical E-35 has been working great

Customer Question

My 2 year old sole elliptical E-35 has been working great until this am. In the middle of my workout, suddenly I can hardly move the foot pads in their natural motion. It's as if I am working at the top level. There is tremendous drag. Yes, the 2 silver running slides are clean and lubed...I do this regularly. I turned the machine off. Unplugged it and then plugged it back in. When I restarted it, the problem persists...Please Help!
Most Gratefully, Peggy
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi Peggy,

The resistance on the E35 is provided by an eddy current braking system.

You will need to check that the cable connection at the eddy current assembly is properly connected. If all connections are making proper contact, then the eddy current assembly will need replacing.

If the machine is under 5 years old this will be covered by the Sole Fitness warranty.