Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Ironman viper console not working : year : checked power :

Customer Question

ironman viper console not working
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked power
JA: The equipment expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fitness Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try checking, and re-seating, the connections to the console, if the console is 'not working' in the sense of 'dead/no lights/no responses'. (And if that's the console's condition, look for a battery hatch, and replace what battery/batteries you find under it, also checking the terminals for corrosion and cleaning them if the batteries leaked on them.)

If the console is not working in some other sense, let me know in what exact way it is not working, so that I may continue diagnosing it and advising you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no battery in the console and all cables are seated tightly. Still nothing responds on the console.

(I apologize: something is wrong with the system perhaps. Your question is marked as have a response from you, but I cannot see it. Could you post it again, if you made a recent response? I will be trying further measures to view it. Thanks.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no battery and all connections are tight. Still nothing on the console.

(I had to try hard to see your response - something was wrong with the system and it was not visible at once.)

The console is, if non-responsive to all control presses, in a bad state. It might doubtfully have bad voltage supplied to it, and measuring its power supply's voltage would be a good idea.

But usually, this means a problem with the console, and the console needing to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where could I get a replacement console as they do not make this anymore and every place I have tried is out of the console.

What model # ***** console do you have, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A07100004 for an ironman viper serial #1v0701105

Thanks. I'll search for a source for that now...

does not come up in searches. I suspect it is a serial number. Serial numbers are generally of no use in searching.

Model number, for the whole Ironman, maybe? would be better than nothing.