Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I have a Z14 Proform treadmill which I purchased used; it is

Customer Question

I have a Z14 Proform treadmill which I purchased used; it is two years old. It worked perfectly for two or three weeks, then one day would not start. The display shows that it is working but the belt does not turn. I tried the reset button, and then disconnected power overnight. So far, nothing has helped. The incline and fan work fine. If I increase the speed setting, it appears to increase and time/distance are displayed. The belt just does not turn.
I feel confident that it is something very simple, but I'm not mechanical at all. Can you advise me?
Amy Shipherd
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

What you need is a new motor driver board. Its pretty cheap and easily installed, no soldering ;-)

Just plugs to the board.

The best place to get that board is:

its best to call them on this part:

TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST

(###) ###-####

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael